Senior Center Annual Membership Dues
All participants must be enrolled and pay dues annually to participate in any activity, program, trip or function of a senior center. There are 13 Fairfax County Senior Centers, you will belong to them all! In lieu of annual membership, you may purchase a daily pass for each day that you attend. Memberships are non-transferrable.
As a member, you belong to ALL of these centers and can attend every one you wish, even several in a day!
When your yearly membership renewal is due, please see staff for new forms.
Eligibility Requirements and Rules of Conduct
All program applicants must meet eligibility requirements, participation guidelines, and adhere to the Code of Conduct for senior centers. NCS reserves the right to deny access to senior centers or to discharge a participant when program eligibility requirements are no longer met.
Participation Guidelines for Fairfax County Senior Centers:
We seek to provide senior center members excellent service in a pleasant atmosphere. Our center facilities have been designed for independent seniors. Following are guidelines that individuals must meet before qualifying as a member. A member must be:
- 55 years of age or older.
- Able to independently negotiate center facilities/field trip locations safely.
- Able to get on and off a county vehicle independently and follow safety procedures.
- Able to understand and carry out directions from staff.
- Able to recognize and respond appropriately to emergency situations.
- Able to participate appropriately in a social setting using respectful manners and language.
- Able to eat independently.
- Able use rest room unassisted
- Poses no risk to self or others.
- An individual who requires assistance with activities of daily living may be able to join in center activities if he/she has a companion or family member with them at all times and approval from center director.
Senior centers offer a variety of activities inclduding fitness and arts classes, health and wellness programs, computer and Internet access, trips and tours, and opportunities to socialize with others and stay connected with your community. Browse the links on the main menu at the top, to learn more.
Congregate Meal Program
A Fairfax County Registered Participant, who is over 60 and registered with the center’s congregate meal program, will pay a suggested donation based on income. The sliding fee scale is $2 – $6. Otherwise, the fee for meals is $8.50.
Transportation, by Fastran bus, may be available at a nominal charge from your home to the center nearest you and back home. Check with the center to find out about transportation.
For other services provided by Fastran call their customer service at 703-222-9764 or go to: